FALL 2023 TRAVEL INFORMATION
The OHTSL welcomes you to the travel season! Below you will find important information for the upcoming season.
- OHTSL Website Password - if you don't have or can't remember your OHTSL password please access the login page and select "Forgot Login/Password" using the email address that was entered by your community rep when you were added as a coach.
- Score Reporting - game scores must be entered within 24 hours of game by both teams. To enter socre login to the website and access: League->Enter Score. Your game schedule should display, click "edit" and enter the home and visitor score and then click "save".
- Community Contacts - ensure your community contacts are updated for the spring 2023 season
- Field Locations - ensure your fields are setup and active
- Community Maintenance Instructions
- Field Insurance - Certificate of Liability Insurance (8/2/22-7/31/23)
- Fees: 11 & younger = $14 for one-year fall to spring
- Fees: 12 & older = $16 for one-year fall to spring
- Fees: Staff = $10 for one-year fall to spring
Game/Game Scheduling Information:
- Game Rescheduling Limits: OHTSL will allow each team to submit up to 3 game change requests per season. All requests must be received no later than 3 days prior to the original game, if not then no game change and forfeit fee of referee and ref assignor fees or $100 whichever is greater will be applied.
- Game Rescheduling 7 Days: reschedule requests approved by both community reps must be submitted to OHTSL via the game change system no less than 6PM 7-day prior to the original game date.
- Game Rescheduling 3-7 Days: game schedule requests approved by both community reps must be submitted via email to email@example.com with game number in the subject line between 3 to 7 days prior to the original game date. Please note the requesting community will be responsible for the ref and ref assignor fees for the game.
- Make-up Game Scheduling: requests approved by both community reps must be submitted to OHTSL via the game change system no less than 7 day prior to the new game date.
- Game Cancellations: any games that are unable to be played or rescheduled within the 7-day deadline will result in a $100 forfeit fee billed to cancelling community and game score recording of 0-5 loss for cancelling community.
- Game Score Reporting: both team coaches/managers must enter game scores within 24 hours of the game at League->Enter Score
*NEW* POLICY ON PLAYER TRANSFERS
A new policy has been established to prevent players from transferring community programs between the spring and fall season after spring teams have been declared with OHTSL.
- Players will not be permitted to transfer from one community program to another unless the request is submitted between 11/1-3/01 and the request does not put the community out of compliance with the 3 out of community player per team limit.
- Please keep in mind that communities must identify if a new spring player has played for another OHTSL community program in the fall. If the answer is yes, the communities will need to make a request with the fall community to release the player card no later than 3/1.
- Exceptions #1 - If a player moves out of their fall community area into a new OHTSL community area
- Exception #2 - If both communities agree after the 3/1 deadline
- Exception #3 - OHTSL board approval (parents/communities can appeal to the board for approval)
2023 Team Check-In Policy
Performs Check-In: any team appointed adult (coach, manager, etc)
Requied Documents for Team Players: paper copy of the offical US Club Soccer team roster with a current photo (within last 2 years) for all players & all coaches.
Required Documents for Guest Players (player from same community but not listed on the teams offical roster): digital or paper copy of players team offical US Club roster or players US Club passcard
- Review required documents
- Ensure guest player limitations (gameday policy/procedures)
- Ensure only 3 coaches
- Ensure min/max players (gameday policy/procedures)
- 10-15 prior to game teams swap rosters and opposing team call off players
- If team has eligible guest players review documents
- Referee will verify player shin guards/jewelry/shoes/etc.
- Note: late players need to check-in with opposing team prior to participating in game play
- Teams without the official US Club Soccer roster will forfeit (0-5) loss
- Guest players without required documentation will not be permitted to play
- Any coach using an ineligible player will be subject to a 4 game to 1-year suspension.
2023 OHTSL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Congratulations to the the following on their being selected as the 2023 OHTSL Scholarship recipients. Each student has been awarded a $1,000 scholarship!
- Mallary Kendrick - Brunswick
- Katerina Tsarouhas - Akron
- Paige Klingersmith - Stow
- Gavin Tatarczuk - Avon
- Stefan Lechintan - Geneva
- Sheldon Coffman - Bay Village
2023 RECREATION INFORMATION
The OHTSL and US Club are pleased to announce that the OHTSL will now be able to register Community Recreation Programs through US Club. For detailed information on the process please watch: GotSport Rec Registration Video.
- Players & coaches must be entered/uploaded into GotSport and submitted to US Club Soccer for membership - Instructions
- Note: Coaches are required to meet the standing US Club coaching requirements of Sideline Sports DOC and background screening
- $10 per player
- $5 per coach
2023-2024 LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
- 8/20 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 9/17 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 10/15 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 11/12 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 1/21 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 2/18 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 3/10 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 4/21 Graduation Dinner 7PM @ TBD
2023-2024 COMMUNITY OF COACHES
The OHTSL Community of Coaches will be a monthly roundtable discussion around topics that are relevant to YOU, the coaches. The OHTSL Director of Coaching, Marcie Schwartz, will facilitate the meetings but they will mainly include breakout discussions among fellow coaches about challenges, successes and overall experiences within topics discussed. As coaches, our why should be the same, so how can we help create an environment that is best for these players to develop, have fun and learn to or continue to love the game. You will register for each meeting and then be sent the zoom link prior.
Meeting Schedule/Links to Register:
- 10/01 8:30PM - Sideline Behavior
- 11/05 8:30PM - Player Management
- 12/03 8:30PM - Feedback/Communication
- 02/04 8:30PM - Parent Engagement
- 03/03 8:30PM - Practice Planning
- 04/07 8:30PM - Game Day Management
- 05/05 8:30PM - Off Season Training
FALL 2023 REF FEES
The home team pays the referee before the game, please place ref payment in an envelope. Please be aware referee fees have incresased for the fall 20023 by $5 per ref & $10 for the 1-man 11v11.
- 7v7 (U09-U10) = $40
- 9v9 (U11-U12 & U13-U15 9v9) = $45
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 1 ref = $60
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 2 ref = CR $50, AR1 $30
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 3 ref = CR $50, AR1 $30, AR2 $30
- D1-D2 11v11 games are required to utilize a 3-man referee system
- D3-D5 11v11 it is the home community discretion on utilizing a 1-man or 3-man referee system
- If a game is cancelled due to weather less than 24 hours prior to the game date/time AND the home community ref assignor is not notified by phone, the home community will be billed for the full referee fee
Coaching Information & Education
For information on coaching eduction please visit:
- Upcoming US Soccer Licensing Courses
- Coaching Lesson Plans
- OHTSL Reimbusement for Coaching Education
- Kenston is looking to hire trainers
- Medina is looking for coach to lead 2014 team, experience preferred but not necessary, room for growth in role possible (paid position)
- Revere SC (Richfield OH) is looking for experienced and inexperienced, dependable coaches (paid positions)
- Shaker is looking for experienced coaches to add to their staff
- Solon Lightning is looking for trainers (paid positions)
- Twinsburg is looking for a 2010 lead boys coach
Visit OHTSL on Facebook
Ohio North is in great need of referees, please visit: ohnrefs.org for information on upcoming referee courses.
Please send declaration/forfeit fee to:
- Ohio Travel Soccer League
- PO Box 39398
- Solon, OH 44139